Friday, September 9, 2011

DCnU: Men Of War #1


            The first to be canceled of the first week of September's offerings.  Sorry, that is how I feel.  I know there are fans of War Stories, but this really is not a war related comic.  They are suppose to be soldiers fighting super beings.  I got that from the online description.  Here I see a long and drawn out berating of a not yet Sargent Rock and the forming of some special forces group.  What I do not see is a way to connect to a broad readership.  The fan base is thin here and it is just a bland book.  I didn't even feel like reading the back up story.  For $3.99 and a new #1 in a company wide relaunch of the brand this was a poor showing.

BDS

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, sadly. I was hoping to be surprised here but this was just a dull issue.

    ReplyDelete