Friday, September 9, 2011

DCnU: Animal Man #1


            A creepy story with some nice artwork.  I like how Buddy Baker's wife Ellen is drawn.  I did not care for the book itself.  It just doesn't catch me and keep me.  I guess I just am not into this type of superhero story.  It was well written and very clear in what kind of book it is and where they are going with the story.  I did get an idea of who Animal Man is in some sense, but really, if I am a new reader I would have no idea what his powers are and why that relates to what his daughter does at the end of the book.  Again we have a big last page tease for next issue.  Not one I am going forward with in my pull box.

BDS

1 comment:

  1. I do agree this would be a weird one as a new reader, but I really liked this a lot more than I thought I would. I think this may get intertwined with Swamp Thing down the road, though, especially as the Green and the Red are so linked together.

    ReplyDelete