Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DC Blog teases Batgirl in Birds of Prey

So the DC Blog has a tease about a status quo altering scene in Birds of Prey #4.  I get tickled by these.  Most of you that follow know I love to give guesses.  Sometimes they are ridiculous, and sometimes close to reality.  Is Babs wearing Stephanie's costume?  That stinks.  Here is the post that accompanied this image.

Wednesday, September 14th, 2011
DC Comics – The New 52 and acclaimed writer Duane Swierczynski introduced a bold new take on the BIRDS OF PREY team dynamic – and in the fourth issue, a shocking revelation is going to upset the status quo all over again. Featuring a special guest appearance by Batgirl, the explosive issue’s going to rewrite the rules – so don’t get too comfortable, because anything can happen.
“One of my favorite thrillers is Ira Levin’s A KISS BEFORE DYING, because right in the middle of the novel…well, the cliche phrase would be, ‘Levin pulls the rug right out from under you,’ but that doesn’t do his legendary plot twist justice,” said Swierczynski. “Forget the rug being pulled out from under you… when you reach that point in KISS, it’s as if someone’s rolled up that rug and proceeded to use it to beat the living crap out of you. That’s what I’m shooting for with this first arc of BIRDS OF PREY. I won’t tell you where it is (other than somewhere in issue #4) But If I’m doing my job, you’ll be relaxing, enjoying your comic, and then…”
BIRDS OF PREY #4 goes on sale December 21, but we’ve got a first look at the cover by David Finch and Richard Friend.
 What is my guess?  I think they will reveal that Barbara is either a lesbian or bisexual.  She will be in bed with a Bird.  That is my ridiculous guess and if it is close I will do a Homer Simpson D'OH and slap my forehead.


BDS

2 comments:

  1. According to Wikipedia, in the book A KISS BEFORE DYING, "realizing his luck has finally run out and that he is facing the electric chair, the main character loses his composure and wets his pants..." Maybe that's what it is: someone points a gun at Babs, she has flashbacks to the Joker shooting and paralyzing her and...she wets her pants. Thus, having to use Stephanie's Batgirl costume while hers dries. There. Case closed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

    That is so funny. I like that scenario......

    ReplyDelete