Friday, November 19, 2010

The Green

Before I saw the resulting comments on the Internet I watched The Green Lantern Trailer on TV.  My gut reaction was one of anticipation.  The one hero that this overweight kid had always seen as the one accessible to them was there on the screen.  See the thing about the Green Lanterns has always been for me the fact that anyone of any shape, size, color, and alien race can become a Lantern.  Now the once impossible special effects were coming to a movie theatre near me.  I was looking forward to the movie.

One the Internet it seems comicbook fans have decided that the trailer, "Looks good, but..."  Can we not just once be glad that we have the Green Lantern Movie and just wait until we tear it apart?  I could moan that the two times Blake Lively was on the trailer she sounded wooden and looked like she had no emotion.  Yet, there is the visual buffet of Killowog, Sinestro, and a host of other Lanterns.  The look of Oa was cool.  Here we have something that was thought forever out of reach in terms of being able to replicate the powers and we already are griping.  Jonah Hex stunk.  I can say that after watching it.  I reserve judgment to say that if Green Lantern stinks.  Until then I am just going to enjoy the fact that a favorite group of characters will see widespread exposure.

BDS

4 comments:

  1. I almost rented Jonah Hex last night but held off. Glad I did now. Thanks BDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not Catwoman bad, but it comes close. One would think Brolin could act, but Meghan Fox shined next to him. Think about that for just a second. I think they tried to throw everything about Hex in there and ended up making a mess of a film. Buy it at Big Lots then after watching take to the local Used book store and trade it in for credit. That is a plan at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got the Red Box here in Maine now, so for $1 I can satisfy my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im like you bro. SO stoked for the GL film. I had seen the teaser on ET. Then saw the trailer on my little desktop screen. But I KNEW it was attached to Harry Potter so I made sure to go see it and MAN...the trailer looks AWESOME on the big screen.

    Im with you. I hate everyone tearing up ANY film before it's even been released. And even on that you cant please everyone. I go into a movie to entertained. So Im easily pleased most of the time.

    2011 is shaping up to be another great movie year.

    ReplyDelete