Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Blue Beetle

"It’s not easy being Jaime Reyes. He has to deal with high school, family and all the drama that comes with being a teenager. Also, he’s linked to a powerful scarab created by an alien race who seek to subjugate planets – or annihilate them. It’s up to one teen hero to turn this instrument of destruction into a force for good in BLUE BEETLE #1, written by Tony Bedard (GREEN LANTERN CORPS) and illustrated by Ig Guara (FLASHPOINT: GRODD OF WAR) and Ruy Jose."
Much of the new DCU has had me worrying that I would not be able to still stay buying their books.  I have found a bright spot.  Jaime Reyes is back in his own title.  This character has a great potential and it was sad that he got jumbled between the Teen Titans and JLI.  I do hope that his great supporting cast return.  They were key to the core plots and humor that balanced the action and adventure.  So I guess with this and the New Suicide Squad I am trying some of the reboot or relaunch of the DCU.

BDS

2 comments:

  1. His character was one of the high points of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, so I'm glad to see he warrants his own title now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have never read the first about four to five volumes of his first series, issues 1 - 26, well they are some of the best stories DC has produced in years in my opinion. All ties together as well.

    ReplyDelete