Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Blue Beetle

"It’s not easy being Jaime Reyes. He has to deal with high school, family and all the drama that comes with being a teenager. Also, he’s linked to a powerful scarab created by an alien race who seek to subjugate planets – or annihilate them. It’s up to one teen hero to turn this instrument of destruction into a force for good in BLUE BEETLE #1, written by Tony Bedard (GREEN LANTERN CORPS) and illustrated by Ig Guara (FLASHPOINT: GRODD OF WAR) and Ruy Jose."
Much of the new DCU has had me worrying that I would not be able to still stay buying their books.  I have found a bright spot.  Jaime Reyes is back in his own title.  This character has a great potential and it was sad that he got jumbled between the Teen Titans and JLI.  I do hope that his great supporting cast return.  They were key to the core plots and humor that balanced the action and adventure.  So I guess with this and the New Suicide Squad I am trying some of the reboot or relaunch of the DCU.

BDS