Monday, July 7, 2014

Malibu Mondays: Star Trek Deep Space Nine #1

"And now for something completely different...." as the saying goes.  Deep Space Nine you wonder?  Yes, if I also remember correctly, Malibu Comics received the license to produce the first of the DS9 comics stories.  I had to get this at Heroes Convention this year.  I have a confession that might anger any of you who are of different opinions when it come to Star Trek, but here it is, DS9 was the best series.  Captain Sisko is the best Captain.  The entire franchise is best viewed through the DS9 portal to the Star Trek Universe.

Those of you still reading and not screaming how Kirk is best, or Picard, or Janeway, can just accept that buying this was a guilty pleasure in my quest for the Malibu Comics lines.  I did open this poly bagged issue and will be putting the poster that came with it up in my building where my Comics live.  I know for some that is bad, but I believe in reading my comics.  So I opened a bagged book and devalued it.

This is a great start to the comic.  All the characters are there and have really cool looks.  Even O'Brian's wife along with Jake and Nog are present.  Seeing Odo shift into a rat and jump in goop that had covered Quark was awesome.  The entire story just took me back to those early episodes.  It was outstanding.  I picked up another one and will do a write up on it, but it just seemed right to begin with issue #1.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment