Friday, June 28, 2013

Man of Steel

I made it to see Man of Steel today.  I must say that for everything that was wrong about Superman Returns, Man of Steel has right.  I want to do a more in depth and Spoiler laced look at the film tomorrow, but right now I just want to praise the movie.

It really is a great version of a classic icon of American culture.  I remember the tag from the Christopher Reeve era, "You will believe a man can fly" and will tell you that it happened again for me.  The casting was spot on.  Henry Cavill just looked, moved and sounded like Clark Kent/Kal-El.  I felt like I was seeing the person I have read so many things where the character lives.

If you have not seen this movie, then run to the theater this weekend and watch it.  It is worth the money.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment