Friday, September 19, 2014

Flashback Friday: Batgirl #53

I will be getting this one in just under the wire for Friday according to Eastern Standard Time.  I made up my mind at about 10:38 PM to do a Flashback Friday post, but my computer is not behaving well.  I think that Microsoft did an update to screw with Windows XP.  That is just a conspiracy theory, but why would I still get updates when they said I would no longer receive them?  Anyway, we have a tale of Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) and Robin (Stephanie Brown).  They will face off against the Penguin in this story.  

It is really just a nice action story that has much fighting and major damage.  They make the most of the martial arts and the ability of Robin to make an entrance.  The light-hearted aspect is balanced by a chilling twist that will place one little girl in the middle of the Gotham underworld.  It hits close to home for both heroines, Stephanie especially.

It is cool to see Stephanie and Barbara Gordon together and think of how one day there will be a Batgirl title for Steph and Oracle will be guiding her.  The plot is good and this is an issue that one can own and not need to have the preceding or following issues to understand things.  It stands alone.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment