Monday, June 18, 2018

Every Year after HeroesCon I think I will Blog more......

 It is that time of year again. I went to #HeroesCon2018 and took my pics. I didn't do the usual Photo dump each evening like normal. Why? Tiredness and wanting to change the dynamic a bit I guess. You see I really do want to get back to Blogging on a regular basis. I have let depression & my roller coaster health distract me enough. There has been a great deal of change this year in my life. So positive and some in an odd category.

About two weeks before Heroes Convention I was in the hospital with diverticulitis. I know I probably misspelled it, but just not gonna do the work yet to change it. I am still learning how my chromebook works in some ways and using things that the PC had easily is something I am working on. I really was worried about how I would be during the convention. This is my vacation. I don't go off to beaches or mountain resorts. I love comics and all that surrounds them. To me this is fun and enjoyable. So my health was threatening my fun.

I had wanted to do an ambitious cosplay. I just didn't have the time. I went with a plan B. Halloween the theme for the church event was Pirate. I did a very simple Pirate Batman. I took the week before the Con and rallied to beef up my Cosplay. I still am very "low rent" compared to the majority of cosplayers, but to me I had the best one I have ever done. My sword threw people, but most got the character. The story was that I ransacked a ship during a stint in the waters around Asia.

Somewhere there may be a pic of me where someone makes fun, all cosplayers have been subjected to this, but it does not diminish the fun you can have doing this activity. I always have anxiety before the day begins. When the day ends I am at ease. I am not as socially awkward. It amazes me that when I am around this community I am able to feel like a person. I am sorry, this is heading into a different direction.

I hope to do better and post more. I think my new goal is just to do like I have done cosplaying, just push through the troubles and share what I love. Comics has brought so many people together that come from such diverse places. It is a passion that can overcome the divisions we face as humanity. In these days of children being ripped from their parents arms we need something to unite us so horrors like that can be fought. Then we can become the heroes we pretend to be.

BDS 

No comments:

Post a Comment