Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Unexpected Sketch


#HeroesCon2018

Getting sketches has become part of my Heroes Convention budget. I started some years back with a black sketch book that has a variety of characters & images. Most are from HeroesCon, but there are a few others. I had a Batwoman Sketch cover done and a really cool Jessica Cruz in the book. I really thought that was it for this year, budget was met.

I had seen the late addition of Adam Warren. One of my guilty pleasure comics is his Empowered series. I love that a creepy commission request turned into a very cool super hero book that shines light of insecurities and how you can overcome bullies and haters. I had kept my eyes scanning to see his table. Well, because he was a late invite he was stationed at the Hero Initiative table. He had a great deal. For $20 you got the 9th Empowered book, his signature, & a sketch.

It turned out I was not done with sketches after all. I got to talk with him a bit, which is one thing HeroesCon is awesome about. I was able to let him know my favorite character interactions and how they just made me laugh. I guess most people got an Emp Sketch. Me, I had to have my girl Ninjette. She is the booty shorts New Jersey Ninja Clan Princess. I love her character and how she is a great example of a true friend.

This made for a great moment for me this year.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment