Monday, August 25, 2014

FAIRY TAIL

Fairy Tail is the reason I am not keeping up with my comics blogging.  Well, maybe not, but it is the excuse I will go with.  While sick and under the dizzying effects of the meds I watched a BUNCH of Netflix.  I am almost finished with EUREKA and did finish MAKO MERMAIDS.  I also discovered FAIRY TAIL.  I was scrolling along the new stuff added to my suggestions list and saw Fairy Tail multiple times and got to thinking.  I remembered running into a Fairy Tail group when browsing CosPlay sites.  It seems I had found something that connected with my interest in dressing up as characters of things.  So I watched the first episode and was hooked.

I fell in love with Lucy and instantly loved Happy.  Natsu was funny and dramatic.  He really fits the anime hero style well.  Soon Grey entered the picture and I met the one most people seemed to be imitating, Erza.  It soon became my obsession.  I had to watch at least until the multiple stories ended.  I would break a bit and dive in again.

This is just one of those great series that has such a wonderful message of hope and family.  Family being what you make when you share common ground with others.  The importance of sticking together and being honorable shines strong.  There is cool magic and adventure as we watch people struggle just to make it in their world.  So many misfits and they found a home in the Fairy Tail Guild.  When attacked they stand together even if it means they might die.  This is just the best animated series I have seen in a very long while.

So that is what I have been doing.

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment