Wednesday, July 2, 2014

HeroesCon Surprise!

 I was really good at Trade surfing the Convention floor this year.  I picked up a few good collections.  I filled in some of my reads in trade form like Noble Causes.  It was a good weekend.  Like always I pick up and look at books I have in the single issue format.  When I picked up No Honor I was in for a really cool surprise.  On the back was not one, but two quotations from me about the book and it's author.  Yes, that second and last quotes under the name of Hatcher is me.

I started out writing reviews under the alias of Hatcher for a small site called PaperBackReader.  We merged for a bit with ComiXtreme.com before splitting back off.  It was the loss of my alias that stopped my work online as a reviewer.  My hobby was used by unscrupulous people and I had to give up something I liked a great deal.  It was at a time when I was being recognized for being an honest reviewer and reaping some perks of that unpaid job.  To see something that I said used to promote a book I really liked was just a bit of nostalgia and way awesome.

If you get a chance, read No Honor.  It is really cool.  A buddy team up between an art thief and a restless spirit of a long passed samurai.  Fiona Kai Avery really can write the culture of Japan and just has a great sense of subtle comedy.  The action rocks and it just was a great read.

BDS

#HeroesCon #HeroesConvention #comics

No comments:

Post a Comment